Monday, April 4, 2016

I'm Back

Yes, it's been a while since I've posted something here. It's been a busy, crazy year. Here are some of the things we've been doing here at VA Tech. I'll be posting some blog entries with more details on each of the items. Consider this entry to be a "headlines" blog.

1. Stacy Kaye from Silverbull.co interviewed me about being a CISO. Her article can be found here
http://www.silverbull.co/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-ciso-virginia-tech/
I will warn you that the picture in the article is my official VT photo and doesn't reflect my usual attire :-)

2. MT6D - Moving Target IPv6 Defense. A series of research projects based on Matt Dunlop and Stephen Groat's research involving dynamic address switching as a defense against DDOS attacks in IPv6. Their original research has spun off a number of secondary MT6D research. Pretty neat and exciting stuff they did. Think radio frequency hopping but instead of hopping frequencies, we hop IPv6 addresses

3. Continuous Monitoring Update - an update on our evergoing continuous monitoring project

So keep in touch for more blogs coming up here and at http://www.securitycurrent.com/en/writers/randy-marchany

No comments:

Post a Comment